The Gerald & Margaret R. Andrews Scholarships were established by Margaret R. Andrews who requested that the scholarships be awarded to persons attending Temple University subject to the following provisions:
Criteria for Eligible Applicants:
- Any African-American member of any predominantly African-American Presbyterian Church (USA) congregation within the city of Philadelphia;
- Graduate of Any Philadelphia Public School;
- Admitted and attending any undergraduate or graduate degree program affiliated with Temple University.
- Submit an application with the endorsement of the session of the congregation of which the applicant is a current member, as evidenced by the signature of the Clerk of Session.
A maximum of five applicants can be awarded in a given year, with a minimum amount of $3,500 and maximum of $9,000 to be granted per applicant in a given year.
- Presbytery of Philadelphia, Attn: Betsi Moise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include with the application the names of two references, one from a teacher or counselor and one from the pastor or from a member of your church.
- Include your proof of admission to Temple (This must be received before a scholarship award can be finalized.)