Criteria and Applications
The Commission on Resources and Communications is making available grant money to empower the Presbytery’s congregations to meet the “Great Ends of the Church.” These grants are intended to encourage new initiatives and collaborative projects among churches.
Application Criteria and Process
- Applications are to be received by the last Tuesday of each month to be considered by the Commission on Resources and Communications at the next meeting on the second Tuesday of each month.
- Applications should be received no later than two months prior to the launch of ministry initiative;
- After each application is received by the Commission on Resources and Communications, a liaison from the commission is assigned to inquire further about the project and follow-up with applicant after the commission has reviewed the application;
- Great Ends Grants are for new initiatives;
- A new initiative might be a project built on a bare foundation that seeks to utilize the gifts already present in a community to embody the good news of Jesus Christ in a particular time and place as we address concrete needs, build community, empower leaders, etc.
- A new initiative might also be an advancement to a pre-existing effort that makes a long-standing initiative more holistic, expansive, and faithful to what it can mean to be the church in a particular time and place. The invitation to dream about new initiatives is an invitation to adapt ministry, guided by the Spirit, to the changing community in our pews and the changing world around us as participants in God’s mission of reconciliation.
- All initiatives are required to submit a year-end report and evaluation;
- Each application should be endorsed by the Clerk of Session of a Presbytery of Philadelphia congregation and/or approved leadership within the Presbytery of Philadelphia, i.e. regional convener, board of directors of an approved ministry, etc.
- New initiatives will be considered for no more than two consecutive grants in two separate calendar years, with second year contingent on the submission of a year-end report and evaluation. The second year of funding should demonstrate progress in new funding partners and self-sustaining financial models.
The CRC will review all Great Ends Grants applications at their monthly meetings. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis; however, applications should be received two months prior to the activity. The Presbytery’s website has more details on the requirements for each particular grant application.
For more information on Great Ends Grants, please contact Rev. Greg Klimovitz at gklimovitz@ presbyphl.org or his assistant, Betsi Moise at databaseadministrator@ presbyphl.org, 215 – 242-1400